The Smart Cities Innovation Hub, based in Patras Science Park, is the first Greek Innovation Hub of research labs and innovative companies active in the development, production and exploitation of products from smart cities sector.
- Define best practices and roadmaps for transforming cities and regions into Smart Cities and Smart Regions so as to act as research and innovation ecosystem
- in close collaboration with academic/research organizations, the city/region authorities, and local industrially or other city agencies.
- Develop/Adopt procedures and criteria to be followed by cities on their way to become smart
- Motivate and engage local stakeholders
- Transform city digital infrastructures into open and smart capable of driving research and innovation
- through real life experimentation
- Converge/Align with relevant international activities and similar ecosystems